Role of Project Management in an Organization
- June 13, 2018
- Posted by: WT Labs
- Category: Project Management
The word ‘Management’ sounds exciting and easy but it is not everyone’s cup of tea in reality. When it comes to managing projects for an IT firm, it becomes a laboring and grinding task. No doubt a project manager is a reputed designation, but one needs to master the latest technologies, trends, and skills to perform well. Students in Punjab can learn project management skills during their industrial training in Jalandhar or other cities. Before making a decision, it is essential to understand the basic concept of project management and why it is important.
Each project has to be pre-planned and then executed. The success of a well- planned project depends upon the knowledge and skills of the team responsible for executing it. We have discussed few points that will reflect why project management is important.
1. Taming the chaos – In order to control and reduce disorganization and confusion, project management minimizes chaos for smooth performance and execution of the project.
2. Establish a project life cycle – A project without deadlines is a boat without paddles. Lack of milestone causes delay and has a higher probability of cost overruns. Hence, a sound schedule must be followed which is one of the chief principles of project management.
3. Enforcement of Teamwork – Project management initiates the collaboration of a responsible team. This encourages teamwork that will bring up unique ideas and uplifts effectiveness in successful working of a project.
4. Escalate resources and controls cost-efficiency – While managing a project, you can analyze and check the use of resources whether human or money. Thus, project management strategies help in reducing risk factors and all resources are used economically and efficiently.
5. Manage change and integration – The only constant thing in the development of a project is change. Along with it, a project is always integrated with business processes, systems, and organizations. Project management teaches to manage changes and develops a quality to identify and supervise integration.
6. Retain knowledge and maintain quality – Project management ensures that knowledge is conserved and maintains the quality of the projects.
7. Lessons from success and failure – Project management revise important lessons that should be learned from the processes after success or project failure.
Due to these reasons, renowned companies always look for people with project management qualities. No one is born as a master of project managing strategies. Students can learn Project Management strategies while having their 6 months industrial training in Jalandhar. The only way to be perfect in project management is to attain knowledge and implement it effectively.